Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tomatoes & Brie with Linguini


                                   (Photo by Elodie Pritchartt)

This is one of the easiest, most delicious recipes I have.




Tomatoes & Brie with Linguine

Okay. I admit it. I'm lazy. But I've also got very snobby

tastebuds. Pleeeease give me recipes that will indulge my inertia!

Here's what I made last night:

tomatoes, lots of 'em. Yesterday, I used a variety of organic
yellow, orange and red cherry-sized, teardrop and plum tomatoes. Also
used these little teeny, tiny tomatoes I've discovered at Von's that
are the sweetest I've ever tasted, and no bigger than a large
blueberry. They're called Mini Charms and come from Victory Garden in
Livermore, California.

1 lb. of Brie cheese, rind removed, torn into irregular pieces. (The
lazy soul that I am, I also discovered Alouette brand, rindless Brie
cheese. It's delicious and soft and comes in one of those little
triangular packages. Find it with those potted Alouette
cheese spreads.)

1 cup cleaned fresh basil leaves, cut into strips

3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced

1 cup best-quality olive oil

one-half teaspoons salt (I prefer coarse, Kosher salt. Just tastes
better)

one-half teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

One-and-a-half pounds linguini (I like the fresh linguini, but am too
lazy to make it myself, so I buy it at the market)

Freshly grated, imported Parmesan cheese (optional. I don't use it.)

1. Combine tomatoes, Brie, basil, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a
large serving bowl. Prepare at least two hours before serving and set
aside, covered, at room temperature.

2. Cook the linguini.

3. Spoon linguini into small serving bowl and (I use a slotted
spoon, it's very oily) spoon sauce onto the pasta and EAT!

4 comments:

Steve said...

But properly ripe Brie isn't tearable, it's virtually liquid. You're not eating that unripe, solid stuff that people who don't understand French cheese think is Brie, are you? Thought you were supposed to be snobby?!

Steve said...

Well yummy and fattening and bad for you is sure good enough for me then. Mmmmmm, send some over!

Steve.

:)

Elodious said...

Okay, den. :)

Babs said...

Liesl sent me your way. WOW, does that look good. Simple and delicious. :)